Probably the most unusual and flavorful steak you've had.
Make and share this Crusted Venison recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the coffee and ground pepper together on a saucer.
- Dredge the meat in the mixture on both sides.
- Sear the meat for about 4 minutes per side in an oiled skillet.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add a small quantity of the salt and a splash of the juice to each bite. The combination of the salt and the citrus-sour of the tamarind, together with the coffee crust, makes a very flavorful dish.