Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
AWESOME asparagus dish that I make often! This is a German dish I found at a world wide recipes site several months ago.
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and boiled or steamed until barely tender
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cooked asparagus in a buttered baking dish.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Add the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 450F (230C) oven 10 to 15 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.
This was delicous. Mine turned golden after 15 minutes (I'm using convection oven).
They were still lightly hard, but not too much.
For those who need more browned one: simply increase time.
Fro those who prefere softer ones: cover with a tin foil and bake some more minutes.
Thanks a lot for sharing this recipe.
I actually used this as a cream sauce to pour over the asparagus. I doubled the cream and used soy cream instead of dairy as well as vegan butter. This was DELICIOUS! A keeper!
This was pretty good; I liked the parmesan cheese on it, but I still prefer Hollandaise! Thanks for sharing.