Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the American Diabetes Association. I needed to make my DFIL snacks for his trip down to FL and this was lovely!! My DFIL has a BIG sweet tooth (despite being diabetic) and he latched onto this like he would never eat again!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex (corn squares)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Chex (rice squares)
- 1 cup fat-free pretzel
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine cereal, pretzels, almonds, raisins and cinnamon; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine syrup, oil and vanilla; slowly pour over cereal mixture. Stir will to coat evenly.
- Spread on 15x10-inch baking ban coated with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Cool. Store in airtight container.
Thumbs up!! Simple, fun, and addictive!
I didn't know diabetics could eat so many carbs. My dad is diabetic and my mother won't let me make this for him because of the carbs. I think I'll do some more reading on Diabetes.
This turned out great! I am always trying to watch my sugar and I use the sugar-free syrup regularly so this looked good to me. I made a double batch and am glad I did. Thanks for posting!