Top Review by mama smurf
Made for My 3 Chefs October 213 tag game. I cut the recipe in half for DH and I and I also seasoned the fish before adding the tomatoes and bread crumbs. Next time I think I will add some minced jalapeno (for a little kick) and slivered onions and minced garlic for more flavor. Overall this is a great dish that you can add or leave as is. Thank you for posting.
- 4 (4 ounce) cod fish fillets, about,skinned
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest and juice of,finely grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Arrange the cod fillets in a wide ovenproof dish.
- Arrange the tomato slices on top.
- Mix the bread crumbs, fresh parsley, oil, lemon zest and juice.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon the crumb mixture evenly over the fish, then bake for 15-20 minutes.