Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty and refreshing. I like eating it as a healthy snack. It reminds me of Christmas... But be careful with the beets - unless you want to be "purple" :)
- 1 lb raw beet, peeled & shredded
- 1 lb raw carrot, peeled & shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional) or 1 teaspoon other artificial sweetener (optional)
- Whisk together juice, cinnamon, allspice and sweetener.
- In a bowl combine shredded carrots and beets.
- Pour over juice-mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minute before serving. (for better flavour).