Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 8 chicken thighs
- oil (for brushing)
- 400 ml passata
- 8 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 12 slices bread
- 75 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1 sprig basil (to garnish)
- Preheat grill.
- Arrange the chicken in a wide, flameproof dish and brush lightly with oil.
- Place under the grill for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until juices run clear.
- Pour off excess fat.
- Mix passata with half pesto and spoon over chicken.
- Return to grill for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, spread he remaining pesto onto the slices of bread.
- Arrange the bread on top of the chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Scatter top with pine nuts.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes, until browned and bubbling.
- Garnish and serve.