Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I'm still working on this one... but here's how close I am to perfection. Easy peasy and only work is really measuring and whipping. I think you could add any other dry ingredients - dried blueberries, etc. I also drizzle some melted dark chocolate on top for "show" and taste.
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 cups Kashi Golean cereal
- 1⁄2 cup roasted almonds (I use sliced and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line 5 x 9 pan with parchment paper ( avoid cooking spray or other options, it will deflate meringue).
- Whip egg whites, vanilla, honey and brown sugar to form stiff peaks.
- Add dry ingredients, fully covering in meringue mixture.
- Place in oven.
- Turn oven off after 5 minutes. Let cooling oven cook bars for next 1 -2 hours.
- Turn out and cut to size.
- Drizzle chocolate if you choose.