Recipe by sofie-a-toast
A creation of my own made last minute to feed superbowl guests. Top with any of the suggestions below or whatever you think up to customize to your own liking
- 6 flour tortillas, large-burrito size
- 6 small corn tostadas
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- salt and pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- olive (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- avocado (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Add garlic, onions, tomato, cumin, and chili powder. Cook on medium heat until onion is tender. Add marinara sauce and cook 5 minutes more. Stir in beans, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Warm your tortillas in the microwave to make it soft enough to bend. Place 1/6th of the cheese in the center of the tortilla, covering it about the size of the tostada shell. Spoon 1/6 of the bean/tomato mixture over the cheese. Place the tostada shell on top. Then cover the shell with all of your favorite toppings.
- Wrap the edges of the tortilla up toward the center until they close around your filling (if it won't cover it all, tear a piece off another tortilla to cover the top and wrap the edges around it).
- With some ninja quickness flip the crunchwrap into a warm non-stick pan, fold side down. Lightly pressed down with your spatula to seal the folds and brown.
- Carefully flip it over once the edges are sealed and lightly brown the bottom side.
- Repeat on remaining tortillas.