Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I was searching for a crunch topping to put over my banana bread that did not use oats. I finally found the perfect recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup egg substitute or 1⁄2 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, egg, cinnamon and butter thoroughly.
- Apply as a topping to your favorite bread before baking.
- You can also double the recipe and use it as a topping for recipes such as apple crisp or peach cobbler.