Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I use these as a first course, served on lettuce. You do have to warn guests that the filling is hot. They are so simple to make but as usual, no real measurements.
- 16 button mushrooms
- 150 g feta cheese
- 50 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons oil or 5 tablespoons butter, mix
- Clean mushrooms and remove stalks.
- Push small piece of feta cheese into the space left by stalk and flatten.
- Dip mushrooms in flour (can add pepper).
- Dip in beaten egg.
- Coat in breadcrumbs.
- Chill if time.
- Fry in mix of oil and butter or deep fry if preferred.