Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a yummy dish. No more can be said. It will make you come back for seconds and maybe thirds.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 pieces fish, cut in halfs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- Place the butter in a preheated suacepan and melt the butter down (on low heat).
- Once the butter is melted down add the plain flour.
- Stir well and cook the mixture of butter and plain flour which should go a bit lumpy and dry at this stage.
- Very important that you cook this well (2-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and slowly, very slowly add the milk and stir in.
- The sauce should now be getting smooth.
- If it is lumpy you have been adding the milk to fast.
- Keep adding the milk until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Add the paprika for a bit of extra kick.
- Any other herbs or things like lemons can be added for a bit of extra taste.
- This sauce is used in my fish and white sauce and my tuna mornay recipes as well so look for them.
- CRUMBED FISH---------------.
- Beat the egg until the white and yolk are combined.
- Dip the fish piece by piece in the egg.
- Cover with a generous coating of breadcrumbs.
- Place in a frying pan with oil and cook on medium heat until the fish is cooked through.
- When serving place 2 pieces on each persons plate and pour the white sauce over the fish and be sure to garnish with some parsley.