Recipe by Shelz11
This dish is easy and quick to make, and just delicious. My mother used to make it for me as a kid and, to this day, it is one of my favorite meals. It goes great with green beans on the side and a bottle of white wine.
Top Review by Marie
Made this last week and am just getting around to reviewing it. I loved the flavor that the garlic and parsley added, but I think there is too much bread crumbs in this recipe and I only used half. It made for a rather dry crust on top of the salmon.
- 1⁄2 lb salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced onions (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, minced onion, cayenne pepper (if you like it spicey), and a little olive oil.
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a shallow, metal baking dish and place the salmon fillet on top.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mix over the salmon.
- You do not have to use all of it.
- Any extra mix should keep in the refrigerator for a few weeks.
- Bake for about 15 minutes depending on thickness of the fish.
- Salmon should break apart easily when fully cooked.