2 hrs 30 mins
heather in Ont,'s Note:
Add this rub to a crown roast of pork for added flavour and stuff the roast with Caramelized Pear and Sage Stuffing. If you are serving this to dinner guests, garnish the bone tips with paper frills just before slicing the meat. Prep time includes making rub and gravy. Found this in the Food and Style Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (7 -8 lb) pork crown roast (about 12 ribs)
- 1In a small bowl, mix paprika, sage, salt. allspice with oil to form a paste.
- 2Place roast in pan and spread paste with hands over entire roast. Make sure you get the cut surfaces of the individual chops.
- 3Press some stuffing into centre cavity of roast (see Caramelized Pear and Sage Stuffing recipe) until it comes up to the top of the crown.
- 4Roast in oven at 325 F for 20 to 25 minutes per pound or until thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat registers 160 F (about 2 1/2 to 3 hours). Halfway through cooking time, shield stuffing and bone tips with a foil to prevent over browning.
- 5Using a wide lifter, transfer roast to platter, tent with foil and keep warm. Let stand for 10 minute before carving.
- 6To make gravy, place roasting pan over medium heat on stovetop. There should be 3 to 4 tbsp of fat in pan - drain off any excess fat or add a little butter if necessary.
- 7Whisk four into fat in pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in port and chicken stock and bring to boil, stirring up brown bits from bottom of pan.
- 8Whisk in pear nectar until smooth.
- 9Cook for 2-3 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
- 10Pour through sieve into saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until ready to use.
- 11Slice between ribs to serve pork chop.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crown Roast of Pork and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.2
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 162.5 mg
- Sodium 371.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 54.8 g