I got this recipe from the book "la dolce vita The Sweet Life in Cortona, Tuscany, Italy." Although I can't recommend the book, this recipe sounds very similar to something I had in Cortona this past summer. If any of the ingredients sound ambiguous, blame the author! There is no serving size information in the book, so that is a guess on my part.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup highly flavored fresh Italian sausage
- 7 ounces fresh fresh stracchino cheese (crescenza, or a coarsely grated semi-hard stracchino cheese)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices toasted in the oven
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Squeeze the sausage meat out of the casings and into a mixing bowl. Add the cheese and pepper and mix very thoroughly with a fork.
- 3Spread each toast with a generous helping of the sausage and cheese mixture. Place on a cookie sheet.
- 4Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the topping is bubbling.
- 5Serve piping hot, straight from the oven.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crostini All'aretina - Sausage Toast
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.6
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 219.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: