Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Cuban recipe altered for crock pot. Can be served over rice or just in bowls with tortillas.
Make and share this Crockpot Picadillo recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup manzanilla olives, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup spanish capers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoncini pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- Brown meat in skillet just until pink is gone. Drain fat.
- Add onions, bell pepper, garlic and continue cooking for 4 - 5 minutes only.
- Transfer to crockpot.
- Add tomato, tomato sauce, 1 c water, olives, capers, peperoncini. You may also add a little brine from olivers or peperoncini.
- Add spices.
- Stir well.
- Cook on low for 6 - 7 hours. Do not lift lid.
- When done, taste for seasoning. Remove bay leaves. Chop cilantro and sprinkle over each bowl. Serve.