Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Ohhh, it's Heaven in a crockpot!! Tender little noodles swimming in a creamy, cheesy sauce. I think its the onion cheese that sets this recipe apart from all others....soooooo yummy!!
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk, plus enough water to make 2 cups
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb onion cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked
- Mix together milk, water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, mustard, cheeses, and margarine in saucepan.
- Heat until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Place cooked macaroni in crockpot, and pour cheese mixture over top.
- Cook for 6 hours on low heat.
My husband thought this tasted just like his mothers oven version on macaroni and cheese... I thought it was good but not outstanding, though it was similar to a microwave recipe I used to have. The sauce separated some on me and most of it disappeared into the noodles. Perhaps it didn't need a full 6 hours in the crockpot. What I dislike most about this type of crockpot recipe is having to cook the noodles, and then the sauce on the stovetop and then all the crockpot does is keep it warm for several hours.