Recipe by East Coast Cook
This is a different soup rather than the usual green pea soup that we are all used to. It has a southwest zing to it and it is very hearty. The chorizo sausage gives the soup a smokey flavor and the corn and peppers give it a nice texture.
Top Review by Derf
Great winter freezer soup, very tasty, it will be perfect for lunches, we were surprized at how crisp the corn was after all that cooking. Love the cajun seasoning, thanks for sharing a good one.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried split yellow peas
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup of sliced carrot (about 1/2 inch)
- 10 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon any seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 canned corn niblets
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 12 ounces chorizo sausages (sliced into 1/4 slices)