1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Vegetarian Lasagna
5 hrs 30 mins
This is an easy lasagna to make. It smells wonderful while cooking and tastes great. I adapted this recipe from a combination of others and came up with this vegetarian version. You can make this vegan easily by adding more of your favorite vegetables and using soy cheeses. Even the non vegetarians I made this for had seconds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, Crushed
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (680 ml) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (750 g) container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups fresh spinach, rinsed
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 2 (375 g) boxes no-boil lasagna noodles, oven ready, uncooked
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1In large saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil and add onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, oregano, salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring often.
- 2Add tomato paste and stir mixing thoroughly. Add tomato sauce, stir and cook sauce stirring occasionally for another 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
- 3Remove sauce from heat and set aside.
- 4In crock pot, cover bottom with enough sauce to just cover. Add two layers of lasagna noodles, breaking them where needed.
- 5Spread noodles with one tub of the ricotta cheese and salt and pepper. Add two layers of lasagna noodles.
- 6Cover noodles with half of the sauce, sprinkle with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Add two layers of lasagna noodles.
- 7Spread noodles with 1/2 tub of the ricotta cheese. Shake excess water from spinach leaves and cover cheese with spinach and salt and pepper. Add two layers of lasagna noodles.
- 8Cover noodles with remaining sauce and cover sauce with remaining mozzarella and parmesan or asiago cheese.
- 9Put lid on crock pot and turn on high. Leave to cook for 5 hours. When done, let lasagna sit for 8 minutes to set before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Vegetarian Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.0
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 130.9 mg
- Sodium 2971.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles