- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 cup emmenthaler cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 ground paprika (optional)
- 1 loaf crusty bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub an non-stick saucepan with cut garlic halves.
- Combine cheeses and flour until cheese is melted and well blended.
- Add white wine stirring constantly to keep from sticking, until just beginning to boil and looks creamy. Add nutmeg, pepper and paprika and mix well.
- Spray crockpot lightly with cooking spray and rub with garlic halves. Pour cheese mixture into the prepared crockpot.
- Keep crockpot on low while serving. Serve warm with bread cubes inserted in fondue forks or picks.