1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
12 hrs 45 mins
Winnipeg *Mel*'s Note:
I adopted this recipe from Zaar in Feb/05. There are a lot of yummy vegetables to make this a complete meal, just add rice or noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons tapioca, quick-cooking
- 4 chicken breasts, deboned and chunked
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar or 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground (If you have fresh just dice a little and add it)
- 1CROCK POT: Put vegetables in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place chicken next. Combine all other ingredients and Pour over chicken. Cover crock pot and turn to low and cook for 8-10 hours.
- 2OVEN: Put vegetables in bottom of a greased pan.
- 3Sprinkle vegetables with tapioca.
- 4Add chicken to pan.
- 5Combine all other ingredients. Pour over chicken.
- 6Cover pan tightly with foil.
- 7Bake in 300 deg. oven for 2 hours.
- 8The above are basic and easy to do.
- 9You can add the cherries or mandarin oranges for flavor and attractiveness.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1127.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 33.2 g