I adopted this recipe from Zaar in Feb/05. There are a lot of yummy vegetables to make this a complete meal, just add rice or noodles.
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons tapioca, quick-cooking
- 4 chicken breasts, deboned and chunked
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground (If you have fresh just dice a little and add it)
- CROCK POT: Put vegetables in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place chicken next. Combine all other ingredients and Pour over chicken. Cover crock pot and turn to low and cook for 8-10 hours.
- OVEN: Put vegetables in bottom of a greased pan.
- Sprinkle vegetables with tapioca.
- Add chicken to pan.
- Combine all other ingredients. Pour over chicken.
- Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake in 300 deg. oven for 2 hours.
- The above are basic and easy to do.
- You can add the cherries or mandarin oranges for flavor and attractiveness.
Great taste! I added red and green peppers. Rave reviews from friends.
Fellow Weight-Watchers - Haven't tried it yet but figured out it has 12 points for 1 serving out of 4 for this recipe.
I made this recipe up the night before in the crock pot and when I got home the aroma was great and it was fabulous!