Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
My version of a recipe found on About.com by Diana Rattray, who is a guide to Southern foods.
Make and share this Crock Pot Squash Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing
- 1⁄2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread, melted
- Combine squash, onion, carrot, and soup in a large bowl.
- Mix the flour and the fat free sour cream, then stir mixture into the vegetable bowl.
- Using the melted "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter", toss it with the stuffing mix, placing half in the crock pot.
- Add vegetable mixture and top with the other half of the stuffing mixed with the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter".
- Cover and cook on "Low" for 7 hours.