Recipe by HopeJohnJP
My friend Abby came up with this one. It is absurdly easy and makes a great base for chicken tacos, pulled chicken sandwiches, a change of pace topping for pierogies, or my husband's personal favorite, chimichanga filling. I buy frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts in 10-lb. bags. No need to thaw: just toss 'em in the crock pot as is.
Top Review by CheCheCherie
Easy and delicious! I used a bottle of Shiner's Bohemian Black Lager beer which gave it an amazingly rich flavor. I used some of the extra strained and seasoned cooking liquid to mash with black beans. Used the chicken and black beans to make tostadas with lots of cheese for my family. My mother hates beer but LOVED this. Now she's gonna have to go buy beer... :D
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 1⁄2 ounces taco seasoning mix (2 packets)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in a crock pot. Pour a bottle of beer over them. Sprinkle with one packet of seasoning mix. Cover and cook on low 6 - 8 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and pull apart with two forks.
- Strain the liquid from the crock pot through fine mesh. Combine strained cooking liquid, the second pack of seasoning and pulled chicken.
- Serve hot.