Recipe by chelsiewow
This is my favorite dish from back home in Illinois. Now that I live in Scotland and can't get it anywhere, I leaned to make it myself. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs pork shoulder
- barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (cider vinegar is also nice)
- 3 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- about 6 bun
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Place pulled pork in crock-pot on low for about 8 hours. (Great to put on before heading out to work).
- 2. BARBECUE SAUCE: Combine all barbecue sauce ingredients in saucepan and heat on low for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- 3. Once pulled pork is done, take fork and pull apart meat. Add about 3/4 of barbecue sauce to pulled pork.
- 4. Serve on buns, add a dollop of sauce on top and ENJOY!