1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Potluck Pierogies With Sauteed Onions and Butter
3 hrs 20 mins
Great idea for a football party, graduation party, any potluck get-together. I was assigned a hot side dish for a potluck work luncheon, served aside of hot dogs and other party appy's, and decided to try this out in the crockpot and it worked. It went over well; many people went back for seconds and came looking for the leftovers the next day.....it was the only dish that was gone! Very simple indeed, but it's one of those dishes that you hardly lift a finger yet it goes a long way. Would go great aside of hamburger BBQ, sausage sandwiches, bratwurst, hamburgers, etc or make as a main dish. Perfect if you don't have an oven or have limited oven space for your party cooking. I have figured on 16 servings/3 pierogies per person and prep time includes sautee of onion and butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place frozen pierogies in the crockpot.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt butter and fry onion on medium-low heat, until onion is golden brown.
- 3Pour onion and butter over pierogies; add salt and pepper.
- 4Cook, on high, for 3 hours.
- 5A few times during cooking, use tongs and gently re-arrange pierogies and ladle butter sauce to cover pierogies on top.
- 6Turn to low or keep warm once pierogies are cooked and/or butter sauce begins to bubble.
Browse Our Top Pennsylvania Dutch Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pennsylvania Dutch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Potluck Pierogies With Sauteed Onions and Butter
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.5
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: