Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a hearty soup. Serve with cornbread and you have a wonderful cold weather meal.
Make and share this Crock Pot Potato and Smoked Sausage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Pour chicken broth in crock pot.
- Add can of mushroom soup and mix well with broth.
- Peel and dice potatoes, add to crock pot.
- Dice onion and saute in skillet with butter until soft.
- Slice smoked sausage and then quarter.
- Add to onion.
- Cook until smoked sausage is hot.
- Add to crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Before serving, lower heat and add milk and cheese. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Mix cornstarch with a small amount of water. Mix until smooth. Add to soup to help thicken.
Easy and Excellent! I used low fat crm of mushroom, skim milk, and turkey sausage to make this a low fat soup. So yummy without all the fat.
Have been looking for new ways to use smoked sausage - a great deal when it's on sale - and this recipe was a hit at our home! The only change we made was to use a mixture cheese (like a mexican or italian mix) instead of cheddar only - just because it's what we had available. Other than that, we stuck to the recipe and it turned out great! It's thick enough to not really need a bunch of soup "extras", such as crackers. It also was quite flavorful - I guess the flavor will change depending on what type of sausage you use. We just used plain ol' smoked sausage and it was tasty! The kids loved it too! We just told them it was potato soup w/ big ol' hot dog pieces in it - they ate it up!!