Prep 4 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A wonderful filling for tacos, burritos or on chips!! An easy way to wow people with no effort. Great for mexican food buffet.
- 1 (4 lb) pork roast or 1 (4 lb) pork tri tip
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix, spicy or regular, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans, any type
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Place pork in crock pot, sprinkle 1/2 the taco envelope on meat.
- Smear refried beans on pork, then sprinkle on the rest of the taco mix.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When done, shred or break up roast, stir in cheese and enjoy.
Very tasty, comparable to carnitas! Especially liked the fact that the meat was tender and juicy but not soupy and could actually be scooped into tacos. We did not add the cheese, but used the usual taco toppings and they were great.
I loved this recipe even my kids ate it without complaint. I used about 1 lb of boneless pork sirloin. I fried corn tortilla's. I didnt add anything extra to the crockpot and it can out great.
This was a very nice way to change up a pork roast. So so Yummy and so so easy!! I did use chopped onions, sour cream, cheese and hot sauce as my toppings though.