Recipe by Mrs. Gottrocks
If you are a fan (or know of one) of pepperoncini peppers, then this recipe is for you!!!! This makes the absolute best beef sandwiches to enjoy with friends during the big game, or just to share with the family. The pepperoncini flavor is subtle, not overpowering! Everyone will love this, and, your house will smell wonderful!!! Enjoy!!!
Top Review by 20MinutesOrLessChef
Delicious! Tons of flavor! SUPER easy and fast! House smelled amazing walking in the door after a long day of work! Enough exclamation points? :)
I love recipes that take 5 minutes to prep and zero utensils. This truly is a busy mom's dream recipe! I added 1/2 jar (and juice) of hot banana peppers to give it more 'kick', based on some reviews I'd read.
I drained the juice from some of the remaining meat and the next night used the shredded beef for taco salad. I love how versatile the recipe is!
- 3 -5 lbs beef roast (any inexpensive cut will work)
- 1 (4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (14 ounce) jaryellow pepperoncini peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) can Swanson chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) canswanson beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef roast in crock pot.
- Pour Onion soup mix, beef, and chicken broths over roast.
- Cut tops and stems off each pepperoncini pepper, and return them to their original jar in the juice.
- Pour entire jar of pepperoncini peppers w/juice over beef roast and mix with large spoon to blend soups.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for 11 hours.
- (note - 11 hours, not 8 hours like most recipes)This is important to the success of this roast.
- The last 1/2 hour of cooking time, take roast out of crock pot and "shred" the meat apart with a knife, and return meat to the juices in crock pot for 30 minutes.
- Serve on your favorite bun or hoagie roll, with extra juice on the side.
- Serving Suggestion: Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over beef sandwich and microwave for 35 seconds before serving, then spoon additional au jus over the bread!