Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an excellent alternative to oatmeal for breakfast or a good fruit dessert when paired with vanilla ice cream.
- 5 large apples, tart like Granny Smith, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained, juice reserved
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet curry powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- Mix apples and pineapple tidbits in buttered crock pot. To the reserved pineapple juice, add orange marmalade, maple syrup, apple cider and curry powder. Stir and pour over apple mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- To make Topping: Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon in bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Spread topping over apples. Cook on LOW 2 1/2 to 3 hours until done. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.