7 hrs 30 mins
Meatball stew in a simple and delicious golden mushroom sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1Mix eggs with dried onion, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper.
- 2Blend meat in a and mix thoroughly.
- 3Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- 4Form meat mixture into meatballs about 1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter; brown on all sides in hot oil.
- 5While meatballs are browning, place the potatoes, carrots, and celery in a crock pot (3-1/2 quart or larger); using a slotted spoon or spatula, place browned meatballs on the vegetables.
- 6Quickly brown the onions and add to the crock pot.
- 7Pour soup over all; cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- 8Taste and adjust seasonings before serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Meatball Stew
Serving Size: 1 (785 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 972.1
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 257.1 mg
- Sodium 1662.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 57.2 g