Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
We cook this every holiday and everyone love it. Not enough cheese, just add more !
- 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
- 1 cup butter
- 5 cups sharp cheddar cheese, reserve 1 cup (shredded )
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In large pan cook macaroni, drain and set aside
- Using a medium sauce pan melt butter then combine 4 cups of cheese and the butter into a 6 quart slow cooker, stir to combine; add milk eggs and evaporated milk to slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients and cook on low setting for 3 hours stirring occasionally.
- Add reserved cheese to top replace cover to melt cheese.