Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 6 skinless chicken thighs or 6 chicken pieces, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup flour, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 ounces frozen concentrated lemonade
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Dredge the chicken in flour mixed with salt.
- Shake off excess and brown in a hot skillet.
- Remove chicken and put in the crock pot.
- Mix the lemonade, brown sugar, vinegar (use regular vinegar if you prefer) and catsup and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the chicken to a warm platter and thicken the sauce with the cornstarch/water solution, and serve along with the chicken.
This was very delicious. I used lemon juice instead of the vinegar and didn't bother with thickening the sauce. Served with wild rice and spaghetti squash. My husband and I loved it. Thanks very much...
Excellent recipe Dancer^. I loved the tartness of the sauce it made. Was great over rice. Simple and easy too. I cut up a whole chicken for this and two of us finished it off in one sitting with no problem.
I left the skin on (family preference) and browned it in an iron skillet which I accidentally turned up instead of down when things got a little too busy all at once in my kitchen. I caught it soon enough not to have throw it out. It taste more like barbqued chicken than lemon, but I used homemade "frozen Lemonade" so that could be the reason, but it was still absolutely wonderful. I had a second batch ready to go in when the first crock was done because I wasn't sure if it would taste burnt but it didn't. It was easy to put together. Other than the homemade lemonade, I followed directions and it turned out excellent.