Recipe by bmcnichol
My 8 year old races go karts. When racing season is in, we enjoy a crock pot meal every Saturday at the track. This is one of my family's favorites.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Such an easy recipe to make, wonderfully versatile and SO delicious - and great for making some meals ahead for the freezer. :) I used MarraMamba's Recipe #273976, a mix of Italian sausages and gourmet chicken sausages and, as I'm always looking for opportunities to add these two ingredients, I added sliced mushrooms and garlic as well as adding some rosemary, sage and thyme to the oregano and basil. Love lots of herbs in dishes! Delicious! Not sure what a hoagie roll is, so we enjoyed ours in crispy ciabatta rolls. The other serves, we plan to eat with angel hair pasta. Thank you for sharing yet another yummy recipe, bmcnichol! Made for Gimme 5.
- 10 uncooked Italian sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 10 hoagie rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage in oil and drain.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, peppers, water, cheese, oregano and basil.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until sausage is no longer pink.
- Fill each hoagie roll with sausage, peppers and sauce.