This is one of my mom's recipes when she wanted to change things from just meat and potatoes all the time. I have adjusted this recipe after additional review.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce, like A1
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice, the kind with green pepper already added
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice, soaked for 8 hours
- Place water, sausage and green onions in crock pot.
- Add steak sauce, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Stir in uncooked rice and tomatoes with juice.
- Cover and cook an additional 1 hour.