Recipe by littleturtle
Low carb breakfast as easy as it is delicious. For a simple dinner just layer some shredded lettuce and re-fried beans onto the tortilla before the eggs.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
GREAT! I used oil in the crockpot instead of butter, and skipped the green chilis. Instead of enchilada sauce, I used leftover salsa. I made this for DH, who loved it and ate it over hashbrowns. Thanks for posting, great recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light cream
- 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease crock pot with the butter (leaving any excess in the pot), and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, Mexican cheese, pepper, and chili powder.
- Add the garlic and chilies, and stir.
- Pour mixture into the crock pot, cover, and cook on LOW for 3 hours and 45 minutes (longer may cause the edges to burn).
- Remove lid and top with enchilada sauce and cheddar cheese.
- Replace lid and cook until sauce is warm and cheese is melted (15 minutes).
- Top tortillas with eggs and serve.