Ranch style eggs
something different for breakfast.
- Ready In:
- 6 eggs
- 6 6-inch tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- heat 2 tbs oil in small skillet, hold tortilia with tongs, dip one at a time in oil, for ten seconds, or until limp.
- line a 10x6x2 inch baking dish with the tortilias.
- Keep warm.
- In same skillet add 2tbs oil and cook onion and garlic till tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, green chillies, and salt.
- simmer 10 min.
- Pour over tortilias.
- beat eggs and cook in skillet till set, put on top, and grate cheese on top.
- put in oven just long enough for cheese to melt.
- serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent recipe - I cut it back to 2 eggs followed your recipe but cooked it differently - I did it stove top. After I sauteed the garlic & onions added the tomato & chili pepper I poured in the eggs adding a torn up tortilla. put a lid on it and cooked over medium heat for 5 minutes.After 4 minutes added some cheese to the top Placed another tortilla on my plate and added the eggs Mmmm. Delish Sunday Brunch1Reply