Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The entrée for an original meal I created that combines Tex-Mex and Okinawan influences which consisted of crock pot Goya-Pork & Handama (nicknamed Okinawan spinach) Wraps with Speckled Golden Rice and Refried Beans...
- 453.59 g pork roast
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 bitter melon, gutted and diced (goya)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4.92 ml dried parsley flakes
- 4.92 ml dried dried basil
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml minced garlic paste
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 1 large bay leaf
- 396.89 g can tomato sauce
- flour tortilla
- okinawan spinach leaves (handama)
- Place pork on bottom of crock pot.
- Top with tomatoes, goya, onion, parsley, basil, cumin, cayenne, white pepper, soy sauce, garlic, tomato paste, bay leaf, and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 - 8 hours.
- Strain about 2 tablespoons of goya-pork mixture with slotted spoon per tortilla (make sure to press out as much liquid as possible).
- Place on tortilla, top with 3 or 4 handama leaves, and roll.