Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is a cake-on-top, pudding-on-bottom dessert that would be perfect for the upcoming holiday season. It's best served warm, so making it in the crockpot frees the oven for the main attraction. It's awfully good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream added..... Recipe from BH&G. Standing time of 45 minutes is not figured into the timing.
Top Review by Momma of 24
Wonderful and very easy. I have had to have this recipe ready to hand out because whenever I serve it to someone new they request it. Thanks for sharing and adding to our family favourite list!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package gingerbread mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat the inside of a 3-1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together the gingerbread mix and milk until moistened. Stir in raisins (batter will be thick). Spread gingerbread batter evenly in the bottom of the prepared cooker.
- In a medium saucepan combine water, brown sugar, and butter; bring to boiling. Carefully pour sugar mixture over batter in cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat for 2 hours (center may appear moist but will set up as it stands). Turn off cooker, or, if possible, remove liner from cooker. Let stand, uncovered,for 45 minutes before serving.
- To serve: spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.