Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Delicious beef sandwiches I found on the Taste of Home Website posted by Donna Blakenheim and wanted to share with you all. I doubled the garlic. Nice and easy with great results!
- 3 -4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 (16 ounce) jarwhole dill pickles, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I doubled)
- hamburger bun
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3 quart or larger crock pot.
- Add pickles with juice, chili sauce and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours or until beef is tender.
- Discard pickles.
- Remove roast.
- When cool enough to handle, shred the meat.
- Return meat to sauce and heat through.
- Using slotted spoon, fill buns with desired amount.
This is a very effortless but unique recipe. The beef was full of flavor. I served it on ciabatta rolls with pepper jack cheese and topped with black olives. Thanks!