Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Dill pickles? You bet! Serve this savory shredded beef on toasted rolls with your favorite sandwich toppings. Recipe from the Culinary Institute.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into chunks
- 1 (6 ounce) jarsliced dill pickles, undrained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style crushed tomatoes
- Place beef chunks in a crock pot.
- Top with remaining ingredients in the order listed.
- Cook on LOW 8-10 hours.
- Pull beef into shreds using 2 forks.
Easy and delicious! This is a great combination of flavors. My husband raved about this beef. My daughter enjoyed the pickle flavor. Unfortunately, I could not find Italian-style crushed tomatoes at the store and had to settle for plain crushed tomatoes; still turned out great. Thanks for sharing, Lorac!
Delicious! Total comfort food. Thanks for posting it!
This is very good shredded beef. It was very juicy so I strained off most of the broth & saved it for another use (about 2 cups worth!) leaving just enough to keep the beef moist when reheating. I had 3.5 lbs of chuck roast & this made *way* more than 6 servings... I'd say I've got at least 15-20 sandwiches worth of meat. I will likely end up freezing a good bit of it for later use. Thanks for the recipe!