Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This chili is different from my regular chili. My family enjoys it for a change of pace. I keep packets of browned ground beef in the freezer which makes this recipe even easier to put together in the morning. Adapted from Quick Cooking.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- In skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and drain.
- Place cooked beef in crock pot and stir in beans, tomatoes, corn, picante sauce, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Top with cheddar cheese when serving if desired.
This was very good. I didn't make this in a crock pot as my work schedule really doesn't work for using a crock pot except on weekends (I'm gone from home at least 10 hours everyday), but did make it on top of the stove and it worked just fine. Makes a nice quick and easy dinner for a busy night. I did add an 8 oz can of tomato sauce as a personal preference. Thanks for posting this! Made for Fall 2009 PAC.