Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is based on a recipe from Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes. A friend of mine's teen-aged son who is really into cooking liked this. Serve with tortilla chips, or pita bread that has been cut into triangles and toasted in preheated 400 degree farenheit oven for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- 1 lb cheese spread, cut into cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir until well blended.
- Cover and cook on low 2 to 3 hours or until hot.
- Garnish with green onion strips and hot pepper slices, if desired.
Delicious and so easy to make. I used the Velveeta Queso Cheese and I have only had rave reviews. The coriander and cumin make the dish unique but I cut back to one tablespoon. since I was only using a very small crock pot.
Delicious! We quite enjoyed the addition of the coriander and cumin. Very good! Thanks for sharing!
Very easy. The gang liked it, but I must confess that I used only 1 teaspoon each of the coriander and the cumin. My small crockpot wanted to overcook this so I wound up adding more cheese because it started to separate. Thanks for an easy appetizer.