Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Even if you don't like spinach, this may get you to eat it. Yummy and cheesy!
Make and share this Crock Pot Cheesy Spinach Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen leaf spinach, thawed, NOT chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, cubed, can use regular
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Spray your crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4-6 hours, or 1 hour on high, then about 2 hours on low. Stir halfway through cooking time.
- Stir again before serving.
Lo carb directions: I didn't add the flour. It was fine. This was great! My kids and dh loved it and asked for a return performance. LOL When that happens and it is easy to fix the recipe gets five stars. I changed very little. First I didn't thaw the spinach. I mixed all this together with the cold frozen spinach and put it in my crock. I substituted VCO coconut oil for butter to increase the health benefits. I used dried minced onions and I also used full fat cheese, never do low fat here, yuck! I strained the cottage cheese to get the moisture out and rinsed. My crock has temp settings so I did this at 250F for 4-6 hours.
LOVE this recipe! My 9 year old would eat it every day! Very easy, very forgiving (I've used the "wrong" amount of spinach, used fresh, used ricotta instead of cottage cheese, used a pack of onion soup mix instead of fresh... overall just a great recipe, thank you for sharing!
Great flavor but it does take a few minutes to throw together. It tastes like my sister's Spinach Dip which is yummy! We had it with crusty garlic bread. Mmmm! I probably wouldn't make it too often because there's no way it's good for you. It tastes too good to be good for you! lol