Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Substitute all different kinds of cheese and soup to create a different flavors. You can make this using frozen chicken breasts, just brown them in a skillet from the frozen state in the bacon drippings, although cooking time will have to be increased. Cooking time is only estimated. This is an easy and fabulous crock pot recipe that can also be made in the oven too, adjust cooking time for oven baking.
Top Review by KelBel
Very Yummy! Changes I made: Fresh baby bella mushrooms, and about 1/2 cup white wine (to clean out the soup can). Also used velveeta and shredded mexican cheese blend. Delicious served with white rice. Thanks Kitz!
- 5 -7 slices bacon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- seasoning salt or white salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (can use two cans if desired, or use cream of mushroom soup)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (optional)
- 1 -2 cup swiss cheese, cubed into small pieces (can use Velveeta and Swiss together!)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels then crumble (leave the bacon drippings in the pan).
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper the, brown in the bacon drippings for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Place the breasts in a 4-6-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms.
- In the same skillet heat the soup and Parmesan cheese with onions and garlic for 5 minutes until bubbly, then pour over the chicken and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for about 4 hours.
- After about 4 hours sprinkle with the cheese cubes and bacon.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.