Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I found this recipe when I was browsing through some cooking blogs. It was on http://saracoloradorecipespot.blogspot.com/ She said she found it on a different website/blog but I'm not sure which one. I'm saving it here to try it.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar (use your favorite)
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place your chicken in the crock pot. Cover with brown sugar, pepper, garlic and soy sauce. Add the vinegar and soda.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. I cooked it for 6 hours and the chicken was a bit too done -- I think I'll cook it for closer to 5 hours on low--tops. It cooked up really quick. It will differ slightly also if the chicken is frozen or thawed. It was VERY yummy though! Just watch your chicken--you know your crock pot best too.
This is the most tasteful and quick meal ever. I prepared it with boneless skinless chicken thighs, Splenda brown sugar and sierra mist soda.. paired it with Jasmine rice and wow!!! The sauce it produces was succulent. hooray for resurrecting the crock pot!!
Such a strong vinegar taste
Using thawed chicken breasts, Squirt for the beverage(love that stuff!), & dark brown sugar, my crock pot had this dish ready in just under 5 hours! VERY NICE TASTING CHICKEN, & something I'd make again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]