Recipe by Tinat51796
I found this recipe when I was browsing through some cooking blogs. It was on http://saracoloradorecipespot.blogspot.com/ She said she found it on a different website/blog but I'm not sure which one. I'm saving it here to try it.
Top Review by mybrowne
This is the most tasteful and quick meal ever. I prepared it with boneless skinless chicken thighs, Splenda brown sugar and sierra mist soda.. paired it with Jasmine rice and wow!!! The sauce it produces was succulent. hooray for resurrecting the crock pot!!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar (use your favorite)
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place your chicken in the crock pot. Cover with brown sugar, pepper, garlic and soy sauce. Add the vinegar and soda.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. I cooked it for 6 hours and the chicken was a bit too done -- I think I'll cook it for closer to 5 hours on low--tops. It cooked up really quick. It will differ slightly also if the chicken is frozen or thawed. It was VERY yummy though! Just watch your chicken--you know your crock pot best too.