I just made this for dinner. I took two recipes to make one. It was mild, really gives you the flavors but not over powering. You can add more wing sauce or hot sauce to make it spicier if you like. Because the kids were eating this too I didn't make it hot (in flavor). I served with a salad. I hit one out of the ball park my son said.
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken (I used 6 chicken thighs baked in oven)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock (I use homemade stock)
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup buffalo wing sauce (I used Budwiser brand)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- I used a 5 to 6 quart crockpot.
- Make a roux with the flour and butter. I use the stove top. But you can use the microwave. Set aside.
- Chop up the onion and celery, and dump it into your crockpot. Add the cooked chicken. Pour in the chicken broth and milk. Add Velveeta.
- Stir in the flour and butter mixture. Add hot sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. The soup is done when the celery and onion reach desired tenderness and the flavors have melded.