Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is as easy as it gets. A few spices and into the crock pot it goes. Great for a work day dinner and will satisfy everyone in your family
- 3 -4 whole skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces canned mushrooms or 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- After removing the skin, sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt,pepper,lemon pepper,and paprika , then place in Crockpot.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken pieces.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve over Rice or egg noodles.
I made a low-fat version of this to fit into our diet. I substituted lowfat yogurt for the sour cream, and used Cambell's Healthy Choice cream of mushroom. It still tasted like total 'comfort food', at a mere fraction of the fat and calories. This is a real keeper! Fantastic
I made this a couple of weeks ago. My husband and daughter ate it right up. The only thing that I really didn't like was using the bone in chicken because it falls right apart and then you have all these bones somewhere in the soup. I think it would be better with boneless chicken and a little more spices.
So good!! I didn't add the lemon pepper and I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned and I chose to use chicken broth. Everyone gobbled it up! The gravy was amazing and the chicken was fall off the bone delicious. Thanks!!