Recipe by L DJ
A twist to my German Grma's recipe. She used dill pickle spears; I liked basil so combined it with balsamic vinegar. Prep time approx. You may be faster then me. This recipe serves 12, one each.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh black pepper, coarse ground
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 2 lbs round steaks
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl combine: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, raisins, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper; mish-mash together to make kind of a paste.
- Set aside for now.
- Cut steak into 12 near equal pieces, pound meat flat with mallet.
- Spread each piece with about 2 teaspoon measure of basil mixture; top with 1/2 slice bacon.
- Roll each up and secure with butcher string Spray a cold large nonstick skillet with pan spray.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add 3-4 roulades at a time; brown on all sides.
- Remove roulades put in crock pot; repeat with remaining roulades.
- When all are browned and in crock pot; add wine to frying-pan and simmer 3 minutes, scraping particles from pan.
- Add soup mixes stir til smooth, pour over roulades.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Place roulades on serving dish, remove string; ladle sauce over.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or wide noodle.