Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by marylin99.
- 6 pork steaks or 6 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 large onions, sliced very thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Use a 5 quart. crockpot.
- Place oil in crockpot and melt on HIGH. Add meat and turn to coat with fat.
- Season meat with mixture of last 3 ingredients. Add all other ingredients.
- Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.
I was going to give this 4 stars because the directions were a little vague. But after tasting it , I had to give it 5 stars. Step 3 says to season meat with last 3 ingredients which are hard since one is a onion. So here is what I did; put the ketchup, water, vinegar, worcestershire, 1/2 salt, chili powder, and paprika into a saucepan and with medium heat under it started reducing the sauce. I feel if added without this step, you were going to get a crockpot full of liquid as it cooked. Then I seasoned the meat with the other half of the salt (only used 1/2t of that though), pepper and Accent. When it was done cooking there was still a lot of juices in the crockpot. This came out very tender and so good! The next time I make this I'll try pork loin. But if I happen to use pork steaks again, I'll cook the steaks first for 2-3 hours then drain off the juices then add the sauce and onions and continue cooking. Made for *Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup 2009* game