Recipe by Mirj
This is great for a cold winter's day.
Top Review by Pierre Dance
I'm a Beef & Beans type person and this sure fills the bill. For once I followed the recipe, well almost.I couldn't resist adding another Onion and a Seeded, vained, finely minced & Sauted Jalapeno. This freezes and reheats with no loss of character.
- 1 lb dried great northern beans, soaked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 lbs short rib of beef
- 6 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot except for the barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low 10 to 16 hours.
- Before serving, remove short ribs and cut the meat from the bones.
- Return the meat to the crock pot.
- Stir in the barbecue sauce before serving.