Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I have been making this for years. Something quick, easy and good to cook up in the crockpot.
- 907.18 g stew meat
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml beef stock
- 226.79 g can crushed tomatoes
- 113.39 g can mushrooms
- 78.07 ml barbecue sauce
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml cold water
- Saute onion, pepper and garlic in oil.
- Combine salt, pepper, beef stock, tomatoes, mushrooms, barbecue sauce and onion,pepper and garlic mixture.
- Add stew meat to crock pot and pour over remaining ingredients
- Cook low heat 8-10 hours.
- Mix cornstarch, cold water and add to crock pot to thicken the sauce.
I used red bell peppers cause that's what I got. I used seasoning salt. Instead of crushed tomatoes, I used a leftover of tomato sauce. I used fresh mushrooms in quarters. This is so tasty. And after 8 hours, the meat was tender and ready. Thanks Bonnette :) Made for Zaar Star Game.
We really liked this, a nice comfort food. I used green beans instead of peppers and served with choice of egg noodles and mashed potatoes. Will definately be making again, thank-you!
This is so easy and so good! I didn't have any beef stock so used one can of vegetable broth and my can of tomatoes and mushrooms were slightly larger than the ones called for in the directions. I also added 2 carrots to the stew. This makes a lot, so we'll be having this stew for lunches too - I think it will freeze wonderfully! Thanks for sharing this keeper!